Iranian style Pickled Cauliflower
Torshi Gol Kalam
Cauliflower is very nutritious being high in dietary fiber, folate, water, and vitamin C. Cauliflower is low in fat and carbohydrates.
Cauliflower contains chemicals beneficial to human health. Carotenoids and Sulforaphane which protect against cancer. Indole-3-carbinol, a chemical that enhances DNA repair and acts as an estrogen antagonist which slows the growth of cancer cells. Eating lots of cauliflower has been associated with reduced risk of aggressive prostate cancer.
- Cauliflower - 1 large head
- Celery leaves - 1/2 cup
- Peppercorns - 5
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 2 cups
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Break apart cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- Soak and rinse in water, then let dry.
- Place cauliflower in a jar.
- Mix salt with vinegar.
- Power solution into jar, to the rim and screw lid on tightly.
- Store jar in a cool place for 4 weeks.
- Server alongside most any Persian food. Pickled vegetables creates an appetite and detoxifies the blood.
Learn about Saffron spice
Spice made from the stigmas of saffron flower may well be the most amazing seasoning on the market.
Saffron adds rich flavour and exotic colour to your foods. High grade saffron stigmas contain potent amounts of nutrients necessary for good vision, healthy skin and a robust sexual appetite.
Click Here to learn more about Saffron plant and spice.