Zucchini with Tomatoes Stew
Strips of zucchini sauteed then stewed in tomatoe sauce and whole tomatoes.
Khoresht means 'stew', Kadu means 'zucchini' in the Persian language or Farsi (Arabic pronunciation of Parsi).
- Zucchini - 4 medium
- Onion - 1 medium
- Tomato - 3 medium
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter - 3 tablespoons
- Wash and peel zucchini, cut into long strips.
- Melt butter in fry pan and brown zucchini strips on both sides until golden brown.
- Sautee onions in fry pan and add to zucchini.
- Cut tomatoes into halves and place flat side facing zucchini.
- Dissolve tomato paste in warm water, add lemon juice and seasonings then mix thoroughly.
- Pour solution over top zucchini, cover pan with lid and let simmer for 35 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice, alongside kuku shami and pickled cauliflowers.
Learn about Saffron spice
Spice made from the stigmas of saffron flower may well be the most amazing seasoning on the market.
Saffron adds rich flavour and exotic colour to your foods. High grade saffron stigmas contain potent amounts of nutrients necessary for good vision, healthy skin and a robust sexual appetite.
Click Here to learn more about Saffron plant and spice.